I rarely actually use cardamom. I'm more of a basil and oregano and red chili girl.
RSS

Monday

Reading List: January - March 2010

My previous entry indicated that my January/February Reading list would be next, and so it is.  Except, plus a month.  (March, for those waiting in suspense.)  I have already completed The Poisonwood Bible and will write a review when I receive my copy in the mail (I was borrowing it from a friend and loved it so much I used a paperback swap credit to get my own copy.)  Not all of them have to do with my theme of social justice; some are simply on my want-to-read list.

Kingsolver, Barbara.  The Poisonwood Bible.  New York: Harper Collins Press, 1999.

Rubin, Robert Aldin.  On the Beaten Path: An Appalachian Pilgrimage.  New York: The Lyons Press, 2000.

Sachs, Jeffery.  The End of Poverty: Economic Possibilities for Our Time.  New York: Penguin Press, 2006.

Allende, Isabel.  Paula.  Trans. Margaret Sayers. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 1995.

Kingsolver, Barbara.  Pigs in Heaven.  New York: Harper Collins Press, 1994.

Collier, Paul.  The Bottom Billion: Why the Poorest Countries are Failing and What Can be Done About it.  New York: Oxford University Press, 2007.


In addition, I have three gardening books that I won't read cover to cover but will skim thoroughly and probably comment on a lot during my first year of vegetable gardening:

Riotte, Louise.  Carrots Love Tomatoes. Rev. ed.  Edited by Needham, Julia and Deborah Burns.  North Adams: Storey Publishing, 1998.

Ellis, Barbara W. and Fern Marshall Bradley, eds.  The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Insect and Disease Control: A Complete Problem-Solving Guide to Keeping Your Garden and Yard Healthy without Chemicals.  Emmaus: Rodale, 1996.

Smith, Edward C.  The Vegetable Gardener's Bible.  2nd ed.  Madigan, Carleen and Gwen Steege, eds.  North Adams: Storey Publishing, 2007.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get the feeling I live my life through you. I know it sounds huge (and it is) but is just something it came to my mind and I couldn't write about something else.... You're a butterfly...
    Fabio not so bitch today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabs - And maybe you do ... only because it's so confining only to live one life at a time. I think a lot of people would give their right arms to live life through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete